Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Opportunities to Invest Every Day

I would love to share with you a most amazing story about how the hand of the Lord works and weaves and brings redemption! I am using the color as it brings about the color of Spring, Easter, Hope and New Life..and I believe, trust and now that this is what it has done in the life on one young man in the city of Kampala, Uganda!

You might think well, I thought Refugee Resources, Inc was just a ministry here in Dallas? Well it is..but Appolinaire saw my profile on Plaxo and asked to be my friend. So I asked my board member Pastor Kambale about Appolinaire and his blog and where he was from? Pastor Kambale happened to be from the very same area in the Congo and encouraged me to share with this young man who was struggling and was the same ages of my adult children. Appolinaire has started calling me Mum, I believe out of respect, and needing hope! Appolinaire had been in a refugee camp but fleed because of the uprisings and how many people had died! We think that of the refugee camps are safe but this is not always the case..and then some of his friends were killed in the city..I kept encouraging him in the word...that the Lord did have a hope for him and a future..to remember the songs of his youth. Pastor Kambale has a friend, Pastor Kawade..through various emails we were able to get Appolinaire and Pastor Kawade in touch with each other through his grace and technology!! Pastor Kawade has a Bible School in Kampala!! Pastor Kawade was able to minister to Appolinaire's heart and soul. He gave him some food and prayed with him. Appolinaire has applied with the International School of Missions and we are anxiously awaiting to hear of his admission as the committee meets this weekend! If accepted he will begin the next semester in May! Refugee Resources Inc has already set up tuition for his 1st semester! More than likely Appolinaire will be accepted as he already has three years at the University of Goma.. The hand of the Lord is so good in how he works and weaves for good!!! Bringing hope for a new generation!! Thank you Lord for how you connect lives, people and bring hope to make change for a brighter tomorrow!

No comments: