Monday, March 22, 2010

Visiting Refugee Families

I always love being able to visit the families that I work with, catch up with them and today was one of those days! I was delivering flyers for our Community Outreach for Building Better Families and Better Communities at one of the government complexes where I work. At this particular complex 49 refugee families live, and today was a day to share hugs, and get the news on each of these various families!
We had two new move ins, two new babies, one family had moved, one little girls cuts and bruises were all healed up, one family wanted to know where they could buy a used car, and we all were looking forward to seeing each other again tomorrow for our monthly meeting at Truett Elementary School! So today was a fun filled day of sharing, laughing, planning, and making plans to see each other again tomorrow!
These friendships and families are truly close to my heart! I would highly recommend this investment of your time to anyone!

No comments: