Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Olympics

Well, I will share something that not too many people know..I used to be a pretty good athlete. I dove springboard and platform and was qualified for the 1980 Olympic trials. I had to quit diving because of an injury. Why I am sharing this is because..

What are we all watching right now? The 2010 Edmonton Winter Olympic Games! Our hearts start singing and we want our favorite athlete to win! What I want to present to you is that each of us in our own hearts is special and a great winner!

WE just have to keep challenging each other and encouraging each other!

I must share with you, that some of the stories and tragedies that these families have come through that I work with truly humble me..my life has been so blessed!

I have not had to flee my home country due to persecution, or fearing my life, or losing loved ones along the way..

I think we see heroes all around us everyday! Sometimes we just want to see the obvious and I do applaud all the hard years of work and dedication of the Olympic athlete! I have dear friends that have made the Olympics!!!

I was one of those that fought, lived for the dream and to make the Olympics is truly the Ultimate!

Yet, we have everyday people all around us..fighting to just make it one day at a time and we at Refugee Resources, Inc. walk with them to adjust to their new life here in America..and this counts too.

So each one has a perspective and they each count. So just a few words for both sides of the coin..

I love them both!!

Yes, The Olympics are Glorious!

and I love my work with Refugee Resources, Inc.

Each has a perspective, each one takes so much work, agony, adjustment, determination

and struggle..but in the end..the prize for all is great joy!

No comments: