Thursday, November 20, 2008

Going Glocal ariticle

Wanted to share this great story that talks about a personal story from someone who has partnered with our ministry.

I will include some here but plese click the link to read more.

Some people sit back in church and wonder, “how could I serve?” If you are like me, a stay-at-home mom with four small kids to take care of, missions is the furthest thing from your mind. Imagine leaving everyone for a two-week stint abroad. Trying to coordinate school pick-ups or babysitting for that long seems daunting. Still, the Bible tells us all we are to go into all the nations. Not just some of us, all of us. As I have continued to pray and ponder this idea, God has encouraged me and convicted me, two of His favorite things to do to me, through a dear friend here at Bent Tree, Elizabeth Smith. Smith is an extraordinary woman with an incredible passion to show what outreach means to her daughter Lauren.

Several years ago at a Bent Tree Missions Festival, Elizabeth visited the local ministry booths looking for kid-friendly outreach opportunities. She was pulled in by a sign that just said Refugees.


Click here to read more.

No comments: