Saturday, February 13, 2010

Visiting Families at Vickery Creek

Today I went with my friend Samer to visit some of the families at the Vickery Creek Apartments. I always love to see the various families and to catch up with them. I was introducing them to my friend Samer. Samer will be bringing a youth group from Community Creek in Allen in two weeks to clean the apartments, building relationships with the families and then playing with the kids! Yes, these kids love to play!! It was especially delightful today as one of our girls since moving from Shiloh had really moved into a shell and was not speaking at school. I had received a message asking if she could talk! Of course she can talk I shared! But the trauma of moving had set her back.. Today, as I went to see her..the counselors had been working with this precious one and out came the words and she said hi and goodbye! Yeah for progress! Yeah for teamwork!

No comments: